03:36
0

“One thing is for sure: a World Cup without me is not worth watching.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic following Sweden’s failure to reach Brazil 2014

"Individually I think Zidane was better than Messi. Zidane was amazing and the team-mates he played with were not up to the standard of Messi’s – he plays with Xavi and Iniesta at Barcelona."
Pele

“I knew what I had to do because the [Spain] squad was becoming divided. I called Xavi because it was my duty to do so – as the captain, it was responsibility. We chatted about how we could redirect what was going on, because we had reached a point where we were about to mess everything up.

 Those images of El Clásico were something I had not seen since I was a boy – we were sending out the wrong messages and because I was a part of it all too, I had to make a decision to call a halt to the problems.”

Iker Casillas on phoning Xavi to avoid disruption in the Spain camp following an ill-temrpered Barelona-Real Madrid clash in 2011

"Regardless of how good Mandzukic is, Lewandowski will still be an upgrade. He is perhaps even stronger on the ball and his movement is even better.“
Franz Beckenbauer

“I think Falcao will be the best player at the World Cup. He has great qualities and a team that supports him at all times. He is smart and very technical. He is a unique player.“
Jose Pekerman

“There’s no way you can compare Messi to Maradona. Technically Neymar is better than Messi.”
Rivelino

“That No10 shirt has an owner. But somebody had to use it against Peru and Leo asked me to wear it. However, some people wrote to me afterwards and questioned what I was doing in the No10. I told them that shirt belongs to Leo. But I also want to win the World Cup and become the best player in the world.”
Sergio Aguero

"There's some interest in both sides. David has become a good friend of mine over the last few years and I think it would be great for this city to have a football club, for sure. The research is still being made out but I think it can be huge.I think this is a great town for soccer. There are a lot of soccer players here. There is a lot of great youth soccer here."

Lebron James on potentially teaming up with David Beckham to establish an MLS side in Florida

0 comments:

Post a Comment