09:52
0

David Beckham  discuss the new film, 'The Class of 92', along with a host of other topics. Here's what he had to say...

On winning the 1992 FA Youth Cup: “The medal is at home in the safe. It’s one of the proudest moments I had as a player. That was my happiest time as a footballer, to have come through the ranks as we all did, and to achieve what we did, was brilliant. It’s pride of place in my house.”

On 'The Class of '92’: “We’ve all kept in contact. I was obviously the only one who moved away from Manchester United so the other lads saw each other, day in, and day out. I left United and went to Spain and America but I always kept in close contact with them. I have always had a special and close relationship with them, that’s been built up over many years, and we’re all very proud of that.”

When asked 'who would be your first pick in the playground?', he said: “I would have to say Gary Neville, we had a great relationship playing over the years and he always had my back.”

On retirement: “I’m coping pretty well. I had lots of things set up for when I called it a day. I was very lucky I finished my career on such a high. My career was pretty successful over the last 20 years and to be able to finish my career at PSG with a trophy, and then walk away from football, was very special. It’s never easy retiring and it’s not easy to walk away from something that you love but there were a lot of things I had ready to go the minute I stopped playing, that was important. I’ve got a big family, four kids to chase around, that keeps you busy enough, I’ve not really had the chance to sit down and miss the playing side.”

On his sending off at World Cup 98: “We have been through great times and bad times, like the World Cup in 1998. Getting sent off was a really disappointing thing for me but having the players from the youth system around, helped me. Then four years later I can remember Diego Simeone, who was still playing, coming up to me during the England v Argentina match. I turned around and I saw Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville. I knew I had their support and you can’t replace that. To go through good time is special, but to have them through the bad times is amazing, that’s why we have relationship we do.”

Who would play you in the film: “Brad Pitt would be the obvious choice! Him or Leonardo Di Caprio, or maybe Bradley Cooper, they’re not bad looking guys!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment