07:32
0

Franck Ribery is confident he could win the World Player of the Year award following his performances for European champions Bayern Munich during 2013.

The Frenchman expects to make the shortlist to be announced by FIFA early next month.

And he told France's daily newspaper Le Monde: "I have no fear, I am confident. I have done all I had to.

"If you look at my performances all year long, I have made the difference. I may not score in every match but I set the defences on fire."

The 30-year-old helped Bayern to win an unprecedented Champions League, Bundesliga and German Cup treble last season, and was crowned UEFA's Best Player in Europe during August.

He now believes he should win FIFA's Ballon d'Or award which will be announced on January 13.

He added: "So far this year, I have never failed. I have been good during the whole year with my national team and my club.

"What we did with Bayern last season was historic."

FIFA will announce a three-man shortlist from the candidates who also include Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale.

0 comments:

Post a Comment