07:00
0
Daniel Sturridge is confident of being fit for England's friendly against Germany on Tuesday.

The 24-year-old has been struggling with a foot problem but expects to be fit to return for the clash at Wembley.

"I've had a lot of treatment last few days, I've been working hard to make sure I'm okay," he said. "I'm going to go out on the training field today and I'm raring to go for the game."

The injury forced Sturridge to sit out Friday's 2-0 defeat to Chile and he said: "It was very frustrating. It's important for me to be fit and to play for England, it's an opportunity that I'm relishing. If can remain fit, that's what's important for me, to be putting on the England shirt and playing.

"It's not a serious injury so I'm hopeful that it doesn't continue to linger on. I've been playing with it for the past couple of games and it's been hindering my performance.

"But I had a scan and I'm ready to go, I'm delighted the pain's not too bad and I'm looking forward to it."


0 comments:

Post a Comment