07:38
0

Danny Welbeck is relishing tonight’s trip to Sunderland, the club that nurtured his growth while on loan at the Stadium of Light during the 2010/11 season.

At 19, United’s Academy graduate temporarily joined the Black Cats under the management of Reds legend Steve Bruce and scored six goals in 28 appearances, helping secure a 10th place finish in the Premier League – the club’s highest since 2001.

Since then, Welbeck has become a star for club and country and is now looking forward to facing his old club during this evening's Capital One Cup semi-final first leg.

“I really enjoyed my time at Sunderland,” Danny told ManUtd.com. “The fans were great, the stadium is great and it's such a family club. I really enjoyed it and it'll be good to go back. Sunderland is where I learned my trade, getting games in the Premier League and scoring goals. I really enjoyed my time there and it will be a good occasion to go back, especially because it is a semi-final and we could get to Wembley.

“These are going to be two difficult and exciting games. It is home and away and we fancy ourselves against anyone. We have got to go into the games with confidence and the right mentality, trying to get the win.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment