07:01
0


On being asked by a reporter: “Do you think it’s even possible for Ajax to lose nine points in nine games?” Zlatan coolly responded: “According to my calculations it is possible to lose nine points in only three games.”

John Carew, formerly of Aston Villa, once criticised Zlatan’s transfer moves brandishing them pointless, to which a less than amused Ibrahimovic replied: “What Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange.” 

After helping Juventus to Serie A success in 2005, Zlatan was criticised of excessive behaviour. He had this explanation of the events: “It was the fault of David Trezuquet, who made me drink one Vodka after another. I slept in the bathtub! Now, trust me, I hold my Vodka much better!”

During his time at Barcelona, Zlatan seemed less than impressed with coach Guardiola: “Then Guardiola started his philosopher thing. I was barely listening! Why would I? It was advanced bullshit about blood, sweat and tears.” 

Ibrahimovic has spent time at Inter Milan with another volatile character – Mario Balotelli. When he was quizzed about the latter’s antics in England with Manchester City he replied: “I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens on kebab stands. I’ll never set fire to my own house!"

At the tender age of 17, Ibrahimovic was offered the chance to have a trial at Premier League giants Arsenal, but he declined saying: “Arsene Wenger asked me to have a trial with Arsenal when I was 17. I turned it down – Zlatan doesn’t do autions.” 

While at Barcelona, Zlatan was snapped hugging teammate Pique and when asked by a female reporter about it he replied: “Come over to my house with your sister baby and I’ll show you who’s gay!”

Despite being able to boast numerous trophies and winners medals, Zlatan has never won a major individual honour, but it doesn’t seem to faze him as he is quoted as saying: “I’m number one. I really feel that way, if you think you are second it is the end. The fact I have never won the Ball d’Or or FIFA World Player doesn’t mean that I’m not number one.” 

After transferring from Inter Milan to Barcelona which saw Samuel Eto’o leave in the other direction, Ibrahimovic did not have the easiest of times adjusting to the Catalan club. However he felt that he was being misused as he exclaimed: “You buy a Ferrari but you drive it like a Fiat.”

This final quote from Zlatan Ibrahimovic sums him up to perfection both as an individual as well as a footballer. He was quizzed by a journalist as to what he had bought his wife as a birthday gift. He simply replied: “Nothing. She already has Zlatan.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment