01:32
0

“It’s an honour and a privilege to receive this award and I’ll keep working towards winning more on a collective and individual level”, said the Real Madrid striker

Cristiano Ronaldo was one of the players recognised at the fifth annual Liga de Fútbol Professional Awards Ceremony. The Real Madrid forward was named the LFP’s Most Valuable Player of the 2012/2013 season: “It’s an honour and a privilege to receive this award and I’ll keep working towards winning more on a collective and individual level”, he said. Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez, the club’s Director General José Ángel Sánchez, Director of Institutional Relationships Emilio Butragueño and Director of Football Miguel Pardeza also attended the event.

The last award of the night was the one that recognised the Real Madrid striker as the Most Valuable Player of the LFP. After a standing ovation Cristiano Ronaldo remarked: “It’s an honour and a privilege to receive this award. I have to thank my teammates, Real Madrid and all the people behind this award, my family and my people. Thank you very much. I’ll keep working towards winning more awards on a collective and individual level”.

Ronaldo also commented on his role on the team: “I always try to do my best. I’ve been here in Real Madrid for four years and little by little I’ve gradually left my mark. I feel very welcomed by the people, the fans, by people on the street…and I have to thank them because without them I wouldn’t have the success that I do. All awards are important but perhaps the ones that come from your teammates are even more so. I feel like an important player, not the leader”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment