07:45
0

 Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang denies saying he is faster than 100m word record holder and six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt.

Aubameyang, 24, was reported to have made the claim on a German TV show.

And his comment provoked Germany's number one sprinter Julian Reus to challenge him to a race.

On Wednesday, Aubameyang wrote on his Twitter page:   "I never said I'm faster than Bolt, I just said I can run 30m in 3.7 seconds."

Aubameyang has reportedly clocked 3.7 seconds over 30 metres in training - 0.08 seconds faster than Jamaican Bolt ran when he set the 100m world record of 9.58secs in 2009.

But Reus said: "It is a blatant myth that Aubameyang is faster than Usain Bolt.

"What Aubameyang claimed on television really annoyed me. I want to restore athletics' honour."

And on his Twitter page  on Wednesday, the 25-year-old Reus, who has a personal best over 100m of 10.08secs, repeated his challenge to Aubameyang for the pair to race.

Gabon international Aubameyang, who has scored nine goals in the Bundesliga this season, has not responded to the challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment