07:32
0
The England international has drawn criticism for not living up to his potential, but is confident he is now proving doubters wrong after a string of impressive performances

Jack Wilshere is confident he is back to his best for Arsenal after finally recovering from his long injury lay-off.

The England international was sidelined for 17 months after suffering a number of ankle and knee problems, making his comeback two years ago this month.

Wilshere has come under criticism for not living up to his potential after breaking onto the scene as a 17-year-old, but is delighted after a string of impressive displays.

"I feel good and I'm always looking to improve, no matter what," Wilshere told the club's official website.

"For a player of my age, I've missed a lot of football so I'm just trying to play as much as I can, train as much as I can and I've always said that when I get fully fit you'll see the best of me.

"I said at the start of the season that it was going to take some time to get back to my best. Ever since my first injury, it's always taken a run of games - probably between five and 10 - to get back to my best.

"Some players are different, some players come back and are at their best straight away. But some need a run of games and I'm one of those players."

The 2-0 loss to Chelsea on Sunday leaves Arsenal with just 11 points from their opening seven games - their second-poorest start to a Premier League season - and Wilshere urged his team-mates to prove their worth.


"We've played well but at this level, against the top three in this league, when you're on top you need to make the opportunities count and if you don't then you're going to get punished," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment