05:43
0

Bayern Munich midfielder Xabi Alonso has set his sights on emulating Clarence Seedorf's record of winning the Champions League with three different clubs.

The Dutchman lifted the trophy with Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan and is the only player to have done so in the history of the game.

However, Alonso won the Champions League at Real Madrid last season having triumphed with Liverpool in 2005 and has the record in his sights.

"There is one player who has won three Champions Leagues with three different clubs: Seedorf,” Alonso told The Daily Telegraph.

“Of course it is in my mind. The end of my career is near. I don’t have many years left but it is one of the targets.

"It is an individual target and it would be great to win the third one with a third club because the Champions League is special.

“It is not the time to look back, it is the time to look forward and be focused on the tasks and challenges that I still have in front of me.

“Once I have finished playing probably it will be time to analyse or be more proud, but at the moment, no.

“It is nice, of course, and I am happy. When I started I would never have dreamt of being a World Cup winner, of two European Championships and two Champions Leagues.

"I am really proud and happy with how things have gone and now we will see how this ends [at Bayern]. I don’t know how this will end. It has been a new experience.

"A new start, but so far so good. Now the big games are coming."

Alonso moved to Bayern last summer from Real Madrid on a two-year deal but is unsure whether he will hang up his boots at the Allianz Arena.

"I don’t know if Bayern will be my last club. In 12 months, I will have a clearer idea of what is happening because that is when my contract ends."

0 comments:

Post a Comment